Guidelines for dealerships during lockdown
Confused about what you can and can’t do in your dealership whilst in lockdown? We’ve taken a look at the current guidelines for dealerships during lockdown and summarised below for you.
The good news is that dealerships will be able to carry on offering online sales during the lockdown period. This includes click and collect and home delivery options for customers.
GUIDELINES SET BY THE GOVERNMENT
- Showrooms and other premises, including outdoor areas such as forecourts must close.
- Click and collect services must be available to pre-ordered vehicles only.
- The entire sale of a vehicle must be online or over the phone before collection or home delivery.
- Answer all questions about the vehicle over the phone.
- No viewing by appointments or test drives during the lockdown period.
- No business or sales transactions can take place on the premises. Paperwork will need to go to the customer before the vehicle exchange.
- The customer cannot enter your premises. The vehicle handover must take place elsewhere. This can include petrol stations & car parks, or a MOT/car repair centre if your dealership has one.
It’s important to follow the government guidelines or you could be liable to fines. We are encouraging our customers to follow the rules. The team at Spidersnet are here to help you put in place any changes to your website. This includes homepage banners, key messages, and more. You can also read our blog on 5 actions that could help your business in lockdown where we recommend what actions you can implement to help drive more sales.